Nov 19, 2018
The courses in this section are working towards the requirements for a baccalaureate degree at the University of the Incarnate Word
- PSYC 2316 - Psychology of Personality will transfer as PSYC 3353 (Course will not count for 36 hour upper division requirement) (grade must be a “C” or better)
- Select one course from KINE 11XX will transfer as PEHP Activity Course [UIW Wellness and Physical Education Core]
Applicable Transfer Credit Hours
This Transfer Advising Guide provides 61 college-level hours, of which 61 will transfer and apply towards the University of the Incarnate Word baccalaureate degree in Psychology.
Note: The University of the Incarnate Word does not have a maximum number of college-level transfer hours accepted towards a baccalaureate degree. Students must complete the specified number of advanced credits and credits in residence for their degrees.
Note: For the Alamo Colleges district this transfer advising guide is NOT core complete and NOT degree complete. Students will need 3 SCH of American History (60) Core and 6 SCH of Government/Political Science (70) Core for an Associate of Arts degree.
*** denotes Milestone Course(s).
A milestone course is a course that is critical for success in this program as determined by the Faculty of the Alamo Colleges District.
Additional University of the Incarnate Word Advising Notes
- Make an appointment with the academic advisor of the major, once accepted to the University of the Incarnate Word, in order to clarify department, college and university policies and procedures, to review course sequencing and to help with identifying resources for academic success. A current listing of academic advising centers can be found at http://www.uiw.edu/advising/.
- Refer to the official source of information on specific courses within the University of the Incarnate Word requirements for this degree plan from the University of the Incarnate Word Undergraduate Catalog.
- Pay close attention to course sequencing and availability at the University of the Incarnate Word as it will affect the time it takes to complete the degree program.
Using this Transfer Advising Guide with the University of the Incarnate Word
This Transfer Advising Guide represents the University of the Incarnate Word degree plan and is subject to change at the university’s discretion. It is intended for advising purposes only so students know exactly which courses they can take at any of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District and have the courses count towards degree requirements when they transfer to the University of the Incarnate Word. It is highly recommended that students meet with their assigned advisor to review all graduation and transfer requirements listed in the Transfer Advising Guide.
The ultimate goal is to provide students with accurate information for transfer pathways while minimizing loss of credits in transfer. Students are encouraged to review the University of the Incarnate Word’s requirements frequently.
Course numbers in italics are the University of the Incarnate Word’s course numbers.
This Transfer Advising Guide is based upon the University of the Incarnate Word’s 2017-2018 catalog and is subject to change.
The Alamo Colleges District Advising
Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor about courses and other educational concerns if they plan to pursue a two-year degree program, transfer to another college or university, or simply take a few selected courses. In addition to course and degree requirements, policies and procedures are subject to change; stay informed by meeting with an academic advisor regularly.
Many students who plan to transfer to a university are advised to fulfill the lower-division requirements for the university. With appropriate planning, your Alamo Colleges District team can help make the transfer experience a seamless process. It is the responsibility of all students to ensure that they take courses at the Alamo Colleges District that will be accepted by the senior institutions they wish to attend.
For more information contact your Alamo Colleges District team.
Released on November 2, 2017
Revised on December 1, 2017