Mar 25, 2023
Return to: Transfer Advising Guides by AlamoINSTITUTE
The courses in this section are working towards the requirements for a baccalaureate degree at Our Lady of the Lake University
- Select either BUSI 2301 - Business Law I or BMGT 1327 Principles of Management or MRKG 1311 Principles of Marketing will transfer as BADM 3362 or MGMT 3350 or MKTG 3331 [Courses will not apply towards advanced hours requirement]
- Select one courese from the following ITSE 1302 - Computer Programming , ITSE 1329 Programming Logic and Design , ITSE 1402 Computer Programming , ITSC 1325 Personal Computer Hardware , ITSC 1425 Personal Computer Hardware , CPMT 1405 IT Essentials - Intro to PC Hardware and Software , ITMT 1340 Managing and Maintaining a MS Win Server 2003 Environment , ITMT 1402 Windows Vista Configuration , ITSC 1305 Introduction to PC Operating Systems , ITSC 1307 Unix Operating System I , ITSC 1316 Linux Installation and Configuration , COSC 1336 Programming Fundamentals I , ITSE 1331 Introduction to Visual BASIC Programming will transfer as CISS 1315 or CISS 2310 or CISS 1341 or CISS 1342
Applicable Transfer Credit Hours
This Transfer Advising Guide provides 63 college-level hours, of which 63 will transfer and apply to the Our Lady of the Lake University business baccalaureate degree in Computer Information Systems and Security.
Note: OLLU accepts a maximum of 72 college level hours in transfer towards a baccalaureate degree.
Note: OLLU requires all courses to be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
Note: For the Alamo Colleges District this transfer advising guide is NOT degree complete, NOT core complete, and NOT field of study complete.
*** denotes Milestone Course(s).
A milestone course is a course that is critical for success in this program as determined by the Faculty of the Alamo Colleges District.
Additional Our Lady of the Lake University Advising Notes
Once accepted to Our Lady of the Lake University, please call 210-431-3966 to make an appointment with an academic advisor in Transfer Student Services. A current listing of the advising center can be found at http://ollusa.edu/studentsuccesscenter
Refer to the catalog for a list of specific course requirements for this degree plan from Our Lady of the Lake University.
Pay close attention to course sequencing and availability at the Our Lady of the Lake University as it will affect the time it takes to complete the degree program.
In addition to the above courses, the following courses are required to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems and Security
(OLLU Course Numbers)
- One of the following:
- THSA 1300 The Catholic Imagination
- THSA 1310 Introduction to Spirituality and Providence
- THSA 1320 Reading the Bible
- BADM 3351 International Business
- BADM 3361 Professional Technical Communication
- CISS 3331 Information Systems Analysis and Design
- FINC 3321 Business Finance
- MGMT 3344 Productions/Operations Management
- MGMT 4396 Management Strategy and Policy
- BADM 3318 Business Analytics I
- CISS 2350 Network Technology
- CISS 3330 Database Analysis and Design
- CISS 3355 Networking Design and Implementation
- CISS 4360 Systems Project
- 12 CISS Advanced Hours
- For the following courses, one course can be taken at Alamo Colleges. The remaining courses are to be taken at OLLU
- CISS 1315 Computer Programming Logic and Design
- CISS 1341 Current Concepts of Computer Hardware
- CISS 1342 Current Concepts of Operating Systems
- CISS 2310 Computer Programming I
Using this Transfer Advising Guide with Our Lady of the Lake University
This Transfer Advising Guide represents the Our Lady of the Lake University degree plan and is subject to change at the university’s discretion. It is intended for advising purposes only so students know exactly which courses they can take at any of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District and have the courses count towards degree requirements when they transfer to the Our Lady of the Lake University. It is highly recommended that students meet with their assigned advisor to review all graduation and transfer requirements listed in the Transfer Advising Guide.
The ultimate goal is to provide students with accurate information for transfer pathways while minimizing loss of credits in transfer. Students are encouraged to review the Our Lady of the Lake University’s requirements frequently.
Course numbers in italics are the Our Lady of the Lake University’s course numbers.
This Transfer Advising Guide is based upon the Our Lady of the Lake University’s 2018-2019 catalog and is subject to change.
The Alamo Colleges District Advising
Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor about courses and other educational concerns if they plan to pursue a two-year degree program, transfer to another college or university, or simply take a few selected courses. In addition to course and degree requirements, policies and procedures are subject to change; stay informed by meeting with an academic advisor regularly.
Many students who plan to transfer to a university are advised to fulfill the lower-division requirements for the university. With appropriate planning, your Alamo Colleges District team can help make the transfer experience a seamless process. It is the responsibility of all students to ensure that they take courses at the Alamo Colleges District that will be accepted by the senior institutions they wish to attend.
For more information contact your Alamo Colleges District team.
Released on June 10, 2019
Return to: Transfer Advising Guides by AlamoINSTITUTE